American Speed warrants their engines to be free of defects in material and workmanship as specified: All engines from 275 hp thru 550 hp carry a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty from date of delivery. All engines
street driven from 550+ hp thru 800 hp carry a 1 year/12,000 miles warranty from date of delivery.
All GM Performance engines carry a 1 year/12,000 miles warranty from date of purchase. For authorized engine warranty, engine must be returned to American Speed freight prepaid.
What American Speed
All internal lubricated parts including pistons, rings, crankshaft, bearings, lifters, timing chain, valves, valve springs, push rods, rocker arms, seals, engine block, intake manifold, oil pan, dampner. Does not include any other parts other than what is supplied in long block assembly. Seals and gaskets are replaced only as part of a repair.
What is not covered by
1. Bolt on accessories such as carburetors, fuel injection, distributor, ignition, water pump, fuel pump, alternator, power steering, air conditioning compressor, starter, accessories drive systems. These parts are covered under respective manufacturers warranties and warranty period may vary. American Speed can act as an agent for these warranties.
2. Engines subject to neglect, abnormal abuse, lack of maintenance, collisions, abnormal operation, improper
installation or acts of God.
3. Operation of the engine with fuels, oils or lubricants that are contaminated, or not suitable for the engines such as some synthetics.
4. The use of accessories or other bolt on performance parts not manufactured, approved by or installed by
5. Modifications to engine not approved by American Speed.
6. Use of nitrous oxide.
7. Engines used for competition
track or any racing purposes.
8. Engine failures caused by overheating, lean fuel conditions, poor quality fuel, improper ignition timing (i.e. detonation).
9. American Speed does not cover parts, gaskets, etc. damaged by detonation.
10. American Speed does not assume responsibility for towing charges, lay up time, lodging, telephone charges, car or truck rental, or any other charges created by an engine failure.
11. American Speed does not warrant damages to customers vehicle that is engine related. The buyer assumes full responsibility for entire cost of repairs to service damage, and/or loss of property.
12. All warranty work must be performed by American Speed. Any warranty work not performed by American Speed must be performed by a certified mechanic with prior written authorization by American Speed.
13. Service or diagnostic work performed by other individuals or companies.
14. Installation or removal of engines or related parts or any resultant labor charges.